View Single Post
Old 9th September 2014, 14:46   #8
JT667

Default Update

An update on my problem as I discover more about the rear wiper setup. I had a spare motor which I installed but the wiper arm would still not move. A bit of stripping down revealed that the wipershaft pivot had seized. Incidently, the motor operates with or without the window open (albeit on an intermittent delay) and I could see that the motor was fine once it was disengaged from the wiper arm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy View Post
If you can get to the window catch motor there is a release catch in a small hole by one of the mounting bolts, stick something in the hole and slide the catch.
Thanks to GeoffWW, I found that I could release the lock from the window which was also not opening. It seems that the lug on the wipershaft pivot has to 'pop' out into the corresponding hole in the moving blade on the motor mechanism in order for the normal (not centrally locked) button on the rear window to work. As mine had seized slightly off from the 'parked' position, the replacement motor was not engaging the lug.
I have been unable to free up the pivot spindle so I think my next course of action is to source a replacement for that part and hopefully get the whole thing working properly again.