View Single Post
Old 14th March 2021, 18:55   #20
Nick91
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
We know what men are like so how do we avoid these incidents?
Dare I suggest women don't get drunk or go home with a bloke they just met or go for a walk with a bloke to certain areas?
Would you like it if you went to the pub for a few and got mugged on the way home and the only advice from the police was to curtail your drinking habits? People get drunk sometimes, I expect we've all been there. From everything I can gather this woman hadn't been out drinking.

This comes back to the old "If a bloke walks down a dark alley wearing loads of gold and gets mugged, then it's his fault". The thing is, it isn't the victims fault. It's the fault of the attacker/rapist/mugger. They are the person that committed the crime. With that said, the world is undoubtedly a nasty place and people need to use their loaf.

In this case it seems that Sarah Everard was doing everything that was advised to her (not listening to headphones whilst walking, called someone shortly before the attack to let them know where she was). That's one of the reasons why people are so upset. The answer can't be to tell women not to go out at night, what about all of the nurses sticking needles into arms as we speak and working 48hr days?

Nor is the answer, the ridiculous statement that I've heard in the media for the last few years, that we should "teach men not to rape". You don't teach a rapist anything, you lock them away for as long as their miserable lives will allow. I don't see the woke brigade reducing levels of rape to any serious extent, rapists are rapists and should be behind bars.

The answer has to be better policing in my view.
Nick91 is offline   Reply With Quote