View Single Post
Old 6th December 2018, 12:18   #27
Alexandru.Edward
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for all the information!
My priority it’s to make all the car systems to work again, not only the HRW, I can live without it for now.

I saw that when the weather is a bit warm, the gauges along with the aircon and HRW works intermittent, but when there are near 0 degrees, they won’t work.

So, first thing I want to do is to check the cables to see if the signal it’s lost here. I need to check the wiring near the right headlight when you look from the front of the car, right? The one near fusebox.

Second, if the wires are ok, I will change the ECU to the spare one to see how the car does.
If this solves the problem, I will proceed to take the bad NEC from my main ECU and put the spare one here, or like Brian said, to change only the little 8 pin IR from the middle of the ECU.

If all of this fails, the last option is to replace my ECU and I will contact Brian.
But I think I will do this after the holidays, the weather isn’t good too for working on cars.

Thanks for all the help guys, I learned a lot about the car and did many DIY jobs with information from this forum! My first car that I started to do DIY jobs, heh.

Last edited by Alexandru.Edward; 6th December 2018 at 12:20..
Alexandru.Edward is offline   Reply With Quote