View Single Post
Old 8th June 2016, 16:47   #28
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
I think anyone who gives one of our diesels a lot of power from standing start will quickly damage their cars...

Far better to work on 40-70 or 50-70 times.. innit....

As for trying to get low down torque for towing by the ton, just swap it for a vehicle designed for towing, most 4x4 will do...
I dont like 4x4's and i only tow a Alfa 155R race car that weighs bang on 1000kg's and sometimes cars for mates and my own if needs be.

For every other day-day i use the car to and from work Middlesbrough to Barrow in Furness.
There's no way i'd be having a giant 4x4 for that, my dad used to have a XC90 D5 that did a woeful 25-30mpg... no for me thanks i have the RS6 if i feel i need to burn as much fuel as possible in the shortest time, be lucky to get an average of around 15-17mpg.

The two CDTi's i have do 47-53mpg and i get around 35-40 when towing depending on roads obviously.

Plus i like the character of these cars they have soul something most things dont have!
I'm not one for following trends i'll do things different because i like trying to push the envelope on whatever i own.
Both my Accord and RS6 have plenty of bits that are just not available to the masses with a lot being custom one off's, my brake kit on the Audi is derived from a GTR with 410mm AP discs and 6 pot callipers and will likely never be on general sale.

Anyways, the turbo is off a 525TDs beemer and should flow easily enough to achieve 200hp as long as fueling isnt an issue but we'll see i'll provide graphs over the coming weeks when it happens.
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote