View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:45   #6
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Process of elimination John. From the info you have given I would say the wiring from the head unit to the speakers is ok. So the problem may lie with a broken/loose wire between the changer and the head unit or a problem with the connector inside the head unit.
If you can get to both ends of the wiring from the changer to the head unit, use a multimeter to see if the wiring is ok. If the problem lies within the head unit you may need to open that up to get at it to re-solder etc.
I have two hi-line heads, one shows Tape Error with every tape I put in, so I replaced that with a spare I got from a member and on that one the buttons used for entering the address into satnav and the volume control, are very sticky and need cleaning.
On these units the bolts I need to remove are M2x6. Problem is some are countersunk into aluminium. They will not shift so I'm considering drilling them out. I went to the local shops looking for replacements but they are too small for them to stock.
Long story short I found the ones I need on a website called Modelfixings.co.uk.
Make a note of this website if you have trouble taking very tiny bolts out and need replacements.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote