View Single Post
Old 10th October 2021, 12:40   #6
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Once again MSS, and predictably, you deliberately (seemingly) miss the point. It's a much wider subject than you apparently are aware. Those blind references to 'others' are infantile and silly, if you have a demonstrative and valid point with a member at least have the courtesy to use their name. Rise above the personality stakes and try to avoid personal attacks - it's not in the spirit of a 'club' and you seem to be the only one resorting to that level. It can only produce a negative response.
Good morning Wraymond,

Thank you for your helpful and so eloquently delivered feedback. It is always a great pleasure to be considered worthy of direct feedback by the good and the great. Equally, it has always been a source of great shame to me that I lack the sophistication, knowledge and wisdom to understand some of the more complex issues and associated posts. Nevertheless I shall of course strive to raise my standards.

Do you have authoritative scientific sources for the suggestion 'No vehicles over 7 years old on the road' (other than Nigel Farage and chums!)? I was under the impression that EV batteries these days have a projected life of 15 to 20 years and that they do not need to be 'deconstructed' at reaching 80% of maximum capacity. If so, the majority will outlive the cars to which they are fitted.

The Leaf was launched 11 years ago and many are running on original batteries. I also understand that battery technology has advanced rapidly in the last 11 years.

Thank you.

Last edited by MSS; 10th October 2021 at 14:01..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote