View Single Post
Old 14th May 2017, 13:19   #20
Alikris
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
I was hoping to have my car fully detailed for this weekends POL and Ragley Hall meet but I'm nowhere near finishing it. It has taken a lot out of me! I've spent approximately 20+ hours cleaning since Tuesday and I'm shattered. It will simply just have to wait until next week. I've lost all motivation. It's not particularly fun...
This has been bothering me now for weeks. Car detailing is supposed to be fun and it's not supposed to take over your life. If it is then you're doing something wrong!

Why are you washing your car so much between stages? The pros don't.
Once decontaminated and clayed the paint should be clinically clean, there's absolutely no need to wash again, just a rinse to get rid of the clay lube (AM clay can be used with water as a lube, so there's saving) and rub down with a pre wax cleanser / IPA

I'm no expert but as I say, if it's a chore and not fun then you need to take a look at what you're doing and how you can make it fun again.

Once a car has been detailed and sealed, if you look after it it and have a proper wash routine it should only require light detailing in future. Modern products such as Soft99 Fusso Coat or TAC Systems Moonlight will last 9 to 12 months if looked after. They will also repel dirt making washing a lot easier.

Apparently! I'll be very interested to test out all I've learned from my research over the past few weeks. . .

Ali.
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.

Last edited by Alikris; 14th May 2017 at 16:40..
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote