View Single Post
Old 8th January 2015, 09:39   #28
Seafrost
Posted a thing or two

75 Connie SE 1.8 Manual Tourer

Rather than start a new thread, thought I would use this one, as its related.....

Osram H7 Nightbreakers.... useless !

Have just been reading the reviews on Amazon, and it appears I am not alone. These extra expensive bulbs appear to last 12 months if that, and all Osram can say is, pay to send them back to us and we can test them to see if faulty... think I will send mine to BBC Watchdog....

I barely use the 75... as we use the Meriva more, but both cars I fitted Osrams to, and both cars have blown the headlight bulbs early, the 75 more so. This is the second set now.

I do not recall a time, on previous cars, with older style bulbs where I replaced them so often, infact in most I do not think I ever did change a headlight bulb, it was mostly brake light bulbs or number plate light bulbs, which are cheap... but when you are paying a premium for supposedly Premium Bulbs, you do expect them to be lasting.

So does anyone know why modern bulbs appear to blow quicker?, does it have something to do with the "brighter light" even though I see no difference in my driveway between standard "cheap" h7, or Osram h7.... are they now manufactured to blow early, thus keeping these companies turning over a regular income?

It always appears to happen more so in the wet season as well, obviously when the lights are on more and the weather is colder.

Yet its not like the bulbs look old, rusty, wet etc, they are still in perfect condition... just blown inside !

Ok rant over,... after getting wet changing the 2nd bulb, which is not easy on either cars... Im off to find some cheaper replacements as sick of spending good money on something so faulty, and from a company who appear uninterested once sold.
Seafrost is offline   Reply With Quote