View Single Post
Old 21st August 2017, 15:17   #132503
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Afternoon, I'm still alive! Been up and down to the Lakes, Ging wanted the girls here for a while but was finding them a handful. Don't have my laptop and hate trying to read and post on the forum using my phone! Persisted to post this.

Just as well I was here, we got some devastating news, Ging's brother and his wife were killed in a crash back in the Philippines. He had a business delivering fish, they were passengers in a small truck, driver momentarily dozed off, realised he was heading towards some pedestrians, swerved and hit a parked tipper truck at considerable speed. It was one of those small flat fronted pickup things and the passenger side took the full impact, we've seen photos, the driver's seat is the only recognisable part of the cab. The driver got away with cuts and bruises, they didn't stand a chance. They had four young kids, the youngest only eight. Its such a senseless waste I'm having a hard enough time coming to terms with it, Ging is devastated. She has spoken to the youngest a couple of times . . . . guys I don't want to ever witness a conversation like that again "Mummy Ging, I'm too young not to have a Mama and Papa".
Didn't you write up a couple of weeks ago Steve, that Ging is working away running a care home and your not around that much because of all of the driving or did I read that wrong?

That's terrible news about Gings brother and wife being taken like that and so tragic for the children to lose their mum and dad at such an early age. It's hard on Ging and yourself. Words are so meaningless at times like this, but we are thinking of you all and send you our condolences.
Jessica and Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote