View Single Post
Old 17th February 2020, 14:32   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The tour of the Gin Distillery..........................

............................................ was my birthday present from my friends. Loved the tour, we done the self help tour that involves you doing the tour at your own speed. Plenty of voice points around the site. Only John and I done the tour as John Louis is far too young to be allowed in. So he and Lisa sat in the bar area, upper section and waited for us there. They had books with stickers to keep the little man busy.

The tour took nearly two hours, we did have a part of the tour where we had to be taken into the "stills" area by a guide. Absolutely fascinating place. Really enjoyed the experience. We got to sniff all the various ingredients. Then we were each given a card and choose the ingredients we would like in our cocktail at the end of the tour. And that was something else.

I highly recommend the tour at the Bombay Sapphire Distillery in Whitchurch near Andover. Worth a visit, pity the weather was a bit naff but never mind.

As for the hotel well less said the better. The rooms were ok but the bar staff were on a different planet, and as for the restaurant staff, well they were just a joke. The food was ok but the service was atrocious. Dinner or breakfast was the same sloppy service. We have all complained. We'll wait and see if anything transpires.

My trip home was uneventful, the Bear took it all in her stride. I did let her off the leash in the dry sections of the road, only up to Warp Factor 3 and a bit. Round trip of 274 miles.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote