Thread: Camera help!
View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2007, 20:18   #18
Simon
Banned

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpainter View Post
Just a word of advice for anyone contemplating the purchase of cameras or other photography equipment, by all means go along to the high street retailers like Jessop & co.
But remember that you will invariably see it cheaper on the web, but please give the retailers a chance to price match.
I have just bought a Canon Speedlite 580EX11 from Jessop up for £399.99, they price matched to Warehouse Express saving me £50.00.
I’ve obtained most of my gear from Jessop, all price matched, and remember it’s always better to be able to take it back to the shop that you bought it from if anything goes wrong!
Wot

I too went to Jessops to look at cameras. A friend bought himself a Canon 350D and I was instantly bitten by the bug. I looked over them all at my local Jessops shop and then went online to further research. I ended up going back and forth between web-based information and 'playing' with them in Jessops until I finally decided on a Canon 30D. I asked Jessops if they would price match and I was suprised when they said "yes".

I too much prefer to buy in a shop, especially when it is something of this value and fragileness (is that a word?!). As a case example, I spent over-the-odds in a shop on some stereo equipment simply because I felt safer carying it home myself than having it delivered from an online store.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote