View Single Post
Old 18th March 2018, 18:18   #11
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
It would be interesting to see how the numbers compare with other cars from 1998 to 2005. I doubt there is too much support for the older Mondeo or Vectra etc. Apart from the small band of modifiers and rare hotter versions of mainstream cars I’m sure they are disappearing too.
The 75/ZT was not in the Mondeo/Vectra sector, but in the BMW/Audi/Mercedes class that is partly why the Company went bankrupt, because the British public were convinced by various morons in the motoring press to look upon these wonderful cars as Mondeo/Vectra equivalents, can you imagine the French abandoning their Citroens, Peugeots, and Renaults for BMWs, Audi etc, no I cannot, they have pride.

Our cars are great, destined to be exhibited at car shows just as countless other wonderful British cars, most will vanish from roads in 5 years, and in 10 years you be lucky to see any at all, so enjoy them now, and remember Britain was the greatest car maker in the world just a few years ago, we decided to throw all that away because we can't manage people.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote