View Single Post
Old 13th December 2022, 17:15   #27
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogweed View Post
1. When you switch it on from a cold boot, does it resume where you left off, eg if you were listening to the radio, does it come back on when it powers up, and with the same station?

Uhm... yes, I think. I do not use the radio app very often. Dutch radio is more blah blah than music and the stations that do play music play music I don't like I sometimes use the music player app and that one starts playing the song it ended with. It does however start at the beginning of the song.

Quote:
2. Does the RDS work properly without having to be manually configured? On the one I had, I had to switch the AF (alternate frequency) function on every time

I do not know since I don't use the radio often. Maybe Arnoud can be of assistance here.

Quote:
3. Does the “sleep” function work OK? So that you can select a time interval for the unit to stay powered up when you switch the ignition off, avoiding a cold boot every time you stop the car for a minute…

My unit switches on when I turn on ignition. It turns of when I remove the key. Because the unit is connected to permanent life I do not have could boots. The unit starts within 3 to 4 seconds.

Quote:
Not sure if Erisin will want to do business with me again anyway – I was patient for a long time, I think, but eventually got a bit shirty with them when they kept suggesting things which didn’t work, getting me to pay postage costs for returning a faulty unit etc…

I am sure they will. They wouldn't even remember I gather. And after all... you'll have your own specialized support crew right here. So as long as the unit is not DOA you won't need them

Good luck with your decision process!

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote