View Single Post
Old 24th October 2020, 23:25   #18
TramPower4000

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks both for the advice ...

In turn .. to question 1 ... I pretty sure they fitted the new filter element, then closed it again and secured with the clip. But I'll check with them when we return from our touring holiday in South West WA (now using a hire car!!)

Question 2. The garage said that after I drove it to the shop the radiator cap was excessively difficult to remove. When they did get it off there was a clear loss of water and the overflow tank was empty. About one liter was required to fill. I'd only driven about 30 kms max since I'd checked the water before. The next day with a stone cold engine I started it at home and the (refilled) radiator immediately started pushing the water out at a low, but noticeable rate (a fast dribble). I don't really know what that means but it seemed to confirm the diagnosis. Before I refilled it the water was about 2 cm below the fins.

Thanks on the number of gaskets to be replaced.

Question 3. Yes, that is what they are saying. There is no CO2, but water is getting in.

"I fear that you are about to waste another chunk of money" - God I hope not! When we return I'll question them further with reference to all the above. It's so weird, when the engine is up and running she really purrs happily with plenty of power, but I'm rather worried about it blowing up on me on a distant country road. But at least it's starting again.

Hi Vitesse, I'll try contacting forum member Genpk again. Thanks ...

Thanks again both ..
TramPower4000 is offline   Reply With Quote