View Single Post
Old 24th October 2020, 08:37   #16
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Bought my current V6 from an owner for spares or repair as the garage having changed thermostat, radiator, and fan - said the only thing left causing the overheat/expulsion of coolant had to be the headgaskets even though there was no CO in the coolant. I got a very cheap car with one year old belts etc and next day solved what was a very stubborn airlock - it just needed a good burp.
Would have thought it more likely that any lose of coolant or water in the cylinder(s) was the result of failed paper inlet gaskets.
The car had repeated overheated while used by the previous owner, as the garage said after each operation that it was fixed, overheated twice on my way home despite minus 12c but is now completely reliable. Not quite the same issues as yours but trying to highlight, what was in my case, the garage's incorrect assumption that the problem was headgasket related.
Any lucky contacting forum member Genpk - a fellow owner/long term member might have more idea than this garage you are using.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote