View Single Post
Old 24th October 2020, 00:01   #15
TramPower4000

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks Simon, yes it's mystified me also. It seems just too much that I've done another gasket so quickly. I wish I was knowledgeable enough to ask the right questions at the right time! Anyway, the fuel filter was replaced, and with a new clip. I bought two of those from Rover Discounts in England and provided one to be fitted, which they say they did. The fuel pump included the whole assembly with the fuel quantity transmitter.

As for testing, the car is going into the garage in a fortnight and I'm expecting an answer shortly thereafter. They've said they'll do a test (can't remember the name of it), which I understand checks the compression. But they're pretty sure a gasket has blown again, even though there is no smoke. I actually asked that; 'why aren't there more symptoms?' And they said a gasket can be damaged without other indications or loss of power. But that the pressurized water (and water loss) is enough to indicate that.

Oh yes, I forgot, the carbon monoxide test was negative. But again, they said that doesn't necessarily mean all is OK with the gasket.

I suppose both have to be replaced, even if only one is blown. Would that be correct?

Thanks again.
TramPower4000 is offline   Reply With Quote