View Single Post
Old 8th August 2019, 10:45   #192
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
AxaPPP private insurance..... £150 Excess.... 1 side only, small cysts both sides... yours could be varacosele and tight shoes!!
Hi Pete, you might be interested. I have been paying into AXAPPP International since 2008. This year they changed the international name to Global and my premium was increased by £834 to £5,830 comprehensive. It’s a lot to pay and Jessica is also with AXA Global. We are both over 60 and the premiums go up according to the age band. I have dropped from comprehensive to standard cover with a £500 excess. Doing that reduced my premium by £2,300 and I have had my money's worth from them over the years. The price of living in Africa, is there is no NHS.

As you have discovered, there are advantages to going private. Yesterday I was chatting to someone who works in private health who arranges operations and she was telling me how private health is busier now than it’s ever been. More people in the UK are having to go private and there is definitely an overspill from the NHS. At my age it’s getting expensive and I have to make a lot of sacrifices to be able to pay the premiums. If I didn’t have to fork out for it, I could afford to get a new car or go on a cruise. I am not complaining, it is what it is.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote