View Single Post
Old 10th February 2015, 11:28   #13
Nickymousecymru
Regular poster

MG-ZT

hi Jules,
Nothing serious really. I bought my typoon mk1 cdi last june and its been great. I did fit the top hose thermostat which was great for about 6 weeks and then i had a massive overheat which caused me some panic. I removed the stat and topped up and seemed to top up regualrly for a while but thats settled down (not convinced I didnt have an air block to be honest) although I am running at about 58 degrees so i think i'll go for the more elegant thermostat housing method maybe. I get the airbag warning on the centre instrument pack screen at start up but that goes so im guessing airbag connectors under seats. Not sure to the condition of my MAF but the car has done 121000 miles and i have lot of service history but nothing relating to MAF. MPG isnt great (its an auto) south wales to London last week got me 45MPG but otherwise its around 38MPG and to be honest I'd like to see if anything else needs planning in because I love the car actually inside and out. Oh and I think the resistor on the fan needs changing as when my aircon is on its like a tornado! I have read some of your stuff Jules and to be honest if you was closer to Mountain Ash I may have been making the trip!

Last edited by Nickymousecymru; 10th February 2015 at 11:49..
Nickymousecymru is offline   Reply With Quote