View Single Post
Old 20th September 2015, 18:21   #13
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
That is as good as new then David. Looks great.

I have spare front and rear subframes in the garage so might go down the same route when I get a bit of spare time.
This time i used standard hex head nuts on the inboard arm bolts, so needed to assemble them before putting it back on, but i have a 3" stubby spanner that will fit in the slot on top of the subframe with it back on the car so i can torque them up that last bit with the wheels on the ramps.

It is a bit heavy to manipulate back with all the bits on, but 2 trolley jacks helped guide it in to place and the long fixing bolts helped, once the first one was back in it was easy.

Still have to repair the heat shields, as the bolts have all pulled through so while i have the exhaust off will be a good time to fit them back with big penny washers and some stainless bolts. I will also derust and paint up the bracing bars in on the tunnel. Broke the back of the job now, its been sat there for 3 weeks with its back end off so will be good to see it back on its wheels.

Not too happy with the looks of the fuel tank straps. But they will have to wait until after the MOT
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote