View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2023, 07:05   #181
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Hi Simon and Xsport,

The water pump was changed together with the TB and other parts back then when I started this thread. As stated, the old one was fine but replaced anyway. As you might find through this thread, I made a doubt about the water pump 5-6 years ago as I had a slight water leak at the TB side, but it disappeared. There have been a tiny coolant loss since, but never shown up until it suddenly started to be major when I took the car out off storage this summer. Now it drips quite often at the bottom of the lower timing belt cover when the system is pressurised. No doubt that this is the water pump. The V is bone dry. I guess the storage is no good for this maybe? The car has only done 125000miles with this waterpump. The plan was to wait a few more years to do the belts, but no good idea to take the WP only when in there anyway. I have a new "Airtex" waterpump in box laying around, which was bought back when I suspected the WP 5-6 years ago.
I kind of frustrating this situation, but what to do? Its just to order parts and pull up the sleeves and start this task Procedure is at least well known and tooling ready.
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote