View Single Post
Old 21st August 2007, 20:14   #16
Simon
Banned

-

Exclamation Correct Procedure to Shut down OEM SatNav (Highline or Lowline)

I find myself having to re-write this list of steps every now and again so I feel that it should have a more permanent position in this thread. Please feel free to reference this post in all your posts http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...1125#post81125

It is important to correctly shutdown the Rover SatNav systen (lowline or highline) before you disconnect your cars battery. This stops you accidentally damaging your system. Also, don't assume that all garages know this procedure if you need work done on your car...

Right... here's what to do.
  1. Open bonnet and boot. Open all four doors - just in case you need access.
  2. Switch off the car at the ignition along with all systems (ie lights, stereo etc).
  3. Now wait.
  4. It is important that you do not touch anything (ie window switches, door latches or even the lights) because doing so will 'wake up' the SatNav system and you'll have to wait longer....
  5. Keep an eye on the little red LED on the Nav Computer. Once it goes out and stays out you know the system has shut down.
  6. Again, do not touch anything!
  7. You may now safely disconnect the battery.
Use this procedure whenever you want to disconnect any components of the SatNav system and if you need to disconnect the battery for whatever reason - even if only briefly.

I should also note it is important you do not press any buttons on you're keys when the battery is disconnected as you may risk 'confusing' the key fob and car.

Last edited by Simon; 21st August 2007 at 20:17..
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote