View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2019, 08:16   #28
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
I seem to remember Shell being a few million out of pocket back in the 70s. When their wonder 4 star fuel was being treated by the tanker drivers with their wonder juice. Makes your car go further, be much cleaner and more powerful, not to mention many other claims they made. Now this was their standard 4 star fuel.
Then several police forces up and down the country many rep cars were having to replace engines in their petrol fleets at between 70 and 90k burnt out valves and see through pistons, bores at +40 without a rebore.
Don’t quite remember the court outcome but I remember our local council the local police force and many lease and hire companies getting new engines fitted FOC by Shell. Also many high mileage dealer bought and maintained privately owned cars got new engines out of the scandal. It has to be said their PR boys did a wonderful job of playing it down.
Then remember super unleaded. 103 octane fuel Five star plus fuel, massive advertising campaign, then they discovered its combustion fumes caused liver cancer. It vanished overnight.

I remember carrying out a demonstration of a ceramic magnetic that you fitted to your fuel line as close to the engine as possible.
The claim was reduced nasty output. And better burning fuel.
The car we tried it on was a Reliant V6 scimitar. We had great fun the cars exhaust out put on both sides was a MOT fail. Fit the magnet and within 2 mins it was a pass on the side it was fitted to. Fit another to the other side and the car became an easy clean pass in under three mins. So yes it worked. What it did was make all the particles of fuel all line up in the same polarity.
I was so impressed that one of the buildings in my charge that had two 1200kwh boilers. I fitted an electrically powered version of the idea to one of the boilers and secondary gas consumption meters to each boiler. The electro magnet unit cost a little over Five hundred pounds for the boiler. With the boilers running through the winter the one with the magnet was consuming about 7% less gas than the one without over the same duty time.
As you can imagine the second boiler got the same treatment the following year.
In my tests the polarising of fuel molecules worked. Not by the up to 20% claimed by the products marketing team. Though it was enough to pay for the unit and still make a saving in the first year on the commercial boilers.
The ceramic magnets got several classic cars through the dreaded MOT emissions test simply by strapping a magnet on to the fuel line before the Carburettor. The night we did the test on the Ford V6 engine proved that the engine ran smoother with the magnets on and the emissions were cleaner. Take the magnets off and the idle was lumpy again and the exhaust got dirty. Strap them back on smooth. On idle again and you could watch the gas analyser show the engine cleaning up its act.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don’t believe a word of it.
There have been many many tests done of these devices and all have indicated it’s complete nonsense
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote