View Single Post
Old 12th February 2017, 00:02   #6
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price View Post
Then the T Series, is completely the wrong engine to go for, as your car will never pass another MOT with it fitted. The emissions are measured on what was originally fitted to the car, so it's possible to fit an engine from a later vehicle, as it will produce lower emissions, but the T Series will never pass an emissions test when fitted to one of our cars, which is the main reason it was discontinued.
Well sorry to disagree CP, but one thing I did forget to mention was that the engine will run on lpg
So no worries about emmissions, and, also I plan to keep the k18 ecu, thereby making it a relatively simple job. Making the zt electrics work with an aftermarket ecu is one job I don't want to get involved in. So you see, solve the crank pickup, happy days.

Rrobson, power to cost is not the issue, it's power to reliability, the k18 is just not up to decent long term boost. I had contemplated fitting a k14 with an 1800 crank, which would solve some of the issues, but sadly not the short piston issue. Oo, just seen you have a 1.8 t 25, I bet that shifts?

Last edited by minimutly; 12th February 2017 at 00:08..
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote