View Single Post
Old 17th May 2016, 14:55   #75
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
So on one hand we've lot a single T4 trader who's spat his dummy and refuses to see progress and on the other we've now lost what could have been a useful diagnostic tool that could have helped ALL 75/ZT owners for a long time to come.......I know which I think is the bigger loss.

I think any T4 trader with half a brain would realise that their services and this software are complimentary and not in competition. The sort of person that would download software from the net and start tinkering with their car is probably less likely to visit a T4 guru and on the flip side there are plenty of people for whom the idea of installing software and buying a lead to connect to their car would terrify them and they will remain T4 customers. All that's happened here is the glimmer of light for those of us 100 miles away from a T4 has now gone....well done all.

I have been planning to buy a ZT as a weekend car to rejoin the fold, I think I'll reconsider now.
Hi.
I am 90% sure that the T4 operators will already have downloaded TOAF and seen it's potential.
It is far handier than T4 with all it's leads etc and if the "T4 Trader" is out on the field I am pretty sure he'll read codes with TOAF long before all the pa-lava of firing up T4!

I am still considering doing car diagnostics and I will admit on open forum I would use TOAF simply because it is quick and easy, don't get me wrong the T4 machine would be in the boot too!
Anyway I need to be back to being able to lift before I'd even consider it!