Thread: Road Tax Swizz
View Single Post
Old 17th June 2019, 09:32   #53
Split or Bust
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinged_bap View Post
I did ring my insurers to check this and they said (sic), you're insured as long as you're driving it. ( So I couldn't park up on the
roadside, and dash into a shop to buy something, whilst I wasn't in it, it'd be un-insured ).
I'm with the others as I don't think you're covered and that's technically against the law and you could be looking at a fine and 6 points if caught by plod.

All insurance companies small print is different though typically driving other cars insurance is limited to 3rd party cover and is often intended only for emergency use. Popping down the shops may in itself not be covered by some insurers even if the car has it's own insurance. The devil as they say is in the detail.

For the sake of a phone call double check with your insurer making sure they know the car itself has no insurance (as shown on MID) and that it's not your car and IF they answer the same get it in writing before you next venture out in the car....

Alternatively don't risk it and get your daughter to SORN the car and save the RFL/VED/car tax call it what you want....
Split or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote