View Single Post
Old 18th January 2019, 18:44   #33
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Small update. Speakers blew out, finally after 17 years they had enough, and not wanting a SPL van I knew what I wanted and with the mid tyres sounding loud as it is I wanted replacement ASAP.

However I wanted them to look factory and hide behind oem panels etc, I knew it would be a pain in the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- as mounting depth is a major issue in the freelanders.

The van versions in Mk1 for some reason have rear speakers behind the van panels fitted but not plumbed in, when I was doing the thermal kit I pulled the whole lot out but left in new wiring, so I will fit a set of 6x9s at some stage for some more vase and rear depth.

So for £22 I settled on these. Came as a complete kit and I'm VERY happy with the quality of speaker. I'm a kenwood or pioneer man usually, but these little jvc's are wonderfully clear.

Then you have the problem of making them fit. I'm FAR to tight to spend money on adapters so I used the old factory speakers and cut them up with a dremel to turn them into adaptors.

For other owners you can see even with my adapter fitted they arnt as deep as factory speakers giving loads of room.

Job done. All wired in correctly, took about 45 mins a side as I only had one dremel blade left and needed to preserve it lol.

Classic fm never sounded so good in my van.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote