Thread: Roewe 750
View Single Post
Old 12th December 2006, 12:45   #64
M47Rman
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 saloon 2.5 KV6 Conn SE Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post
Agree with M47Rman about the looks. Interior is alright, but does hark at the new 5 series, as does the revised rear end. Front and middle look quite nice, though, especially in the "Premium" version.

I'm not going to hold my breath over the launch of the new Rover (or however its now named), like many I will wait and see what SAIC can come up with and if they can deliver the goods.

On a purely nostalgic and patriotic sense I will always love the Rover 75 and the MG ZT. They are British designed. British built.

And there's that word again "British"....

That word changes everything.

Need I say more?
Absolutely!
Just to follow up on other coments made about the Chinese. I have no doubt, that the Chinese are succeeding, and will continue to. Indeed the computer I am writing this on was made in China! However the best way for them to do this is to develop their own products, not do rip off versions of other peoples designs (how many Chinese versions of the Cherokee are there?). In this way their products, and the companies that produce them will gain the respect that they deserve (or not). At the moment to me they just look like a load of rip off merchants. After all who would not be interested in a high quality, sharp looking, bargain priced motor car?
Still couldn't replace my 75 though!
Andy