View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2010, 21:35   #8
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Default Part Seven

Unfortunately, Pete - Lates' spanner-wielding partner in mechncial magic - is still recuperating from an operation and so we have had to delay the next installment. Best wishes to Pete and hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

With this in mind I thought I would let you know about what's coming up in the project. Earlier this week I popped over to XPart's head offices in Desford to pick up a service kit from the ever helpful and patient Liz, and also over over to see Corin to collect a couple of items he has generously donated. finally, lots of bits are being repaired and cleaned ahead of being refitted, such as the interior light console, which had been rather clumsily wrenched from its fixings, snapping the locating lugs in the process. So there's lots of bits all ready to be put on the 75 and it will be steadily returning to its original specification.

While I was working away I also had delivered a parcel from Bilt Hamber Laboratories, who make excellent products in the ongoing fight we all have in removing and protecting parts from corrosion. Although the 75 and ZT range are pretty hardy vehicles and rust is not a major issue at present, some examples are starting to show the effects of the tinworm and we think you'll find the next instalments on how to deal with this problem will be incredibly useful. Bilt Hamber is very highly regarded in this area, and we are delighted to be using their range as we think it will be a big help in keeping S525 away from the welder's torch for a good few years.

Follow The Club On Twitter