Thread: My new V8 query
View Single Post
Old 4th March 2024, 18:08   #1
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default My new V8 query

Well yesterday i finally took the plunge, much to my wife's annoyance, and bought a 55plate V8260. Moving from my V6190SE was a big step and full of questions, uncertainty and also nervous excitement. Now i admit i know virtually nothing about the big lump under the bonnet and on driving the car back home yesterday afternoon i noticed that driving along normally on motorways, main roads and dual carriageways etc. the temperature gauge was quite low, the needle pointing down and the heater was blowing only warm. However, once parked up with the engine on idle for at least 5 mins the temperature gauge returned to what i would call normal, smack bang in the center and the heater started blowing nice and hot. I was hoping some of you experienced V8 guys might be able to provide an answer to this head scratcher. Sorry if this question has been answered many times before but like i say i am brand new to the V8 world and i dare say i will have many more questions to ask over the coming months.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote