View Single Post
Old 13th October 2019, 08:33   #6
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerHeinz57 View Post
My 75 is going in for sill repairs on Monday, usual place o/s/r either side of the jacking point, I won't mention the price I'm paying, but what I will say is -
I made my own templates ready for the guy who is doing the job, I used to do the MOTs for this garage before moving site. I can say they ARE GREAT value for money and honest in all things.
If you want cheap, it will look cheap, but pay a bit more, or make up templates for them, it helps things along, they also think my car is superb and will enjoy the company of it.
If anybody needs help with welding and happy to travel to NN15 area, I am happy to provide info of the garage !
As you’re an MoT tester, could I ask what’s what regarding load bearing and the state of the sills? Don’t think I’m alone here in being confused why some testers as in the OP’s car get an advisory, yet other testers pass Suzublu’s car with no comment, and my daughter’s which needs a 18” repair section also without comment.

My previous SD1s were also prone to sill rot, but no chance of getting one of those through even though the metal was thicker.

Confused
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote