View Single Post
Old 13th October 2019, 07:21   #5
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerHeinz57 View Post
My 75 is going in for sill repairs on Monday, usual place o/s/r either side of the jacking point, I won't mention the price I'm paying, but what I will say is -
I made my own templates ready for the guy who is doing the job, I used to do the MOTs for this garage before moving site. I can say they ARE GREAT value for money and honest in all things.
If you want cheap, it will look cheap, but pay a bit more, or make up templates for them, it helps things along, they also think my car is superb and will enjoy the company of it.
If anybody needs help with welding and happy to travel to NN15 area, I am happy to provide info of the garage !
When you say “templates”, what was it that you provided? You mean the actual panel ready to weld in or a template in the sense of a cardboard shape for them to make up to?

I would put it in for test without welding, but it is already holed now after he put his thumb through it last year. He passed it with an advisory then, but its another year passed since then. Would rather get it done.

I have a few more places to try, but its difficult arranging since i dont get home very often.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote