View Single Post
Old 1st September 2018, 14:19   #115
twitters

Rover 75 saloon + ( X type, Massey Tractor, Kangoo van Daimler V8 250)

Default success !!

Hi,
I have pursued the "fueling" idea with a lot of advice directly from member Jules.
There is a broken 75 not far away and yesterday I borrowed the fuel filter and the top housing / pressure sensor.
Fitted this am and now she goes - revs properly and drives like I think it should ( new to the car's actual performsnce but it feels about right ).

I will investigate further, but the likely problem is the fuel filter itself. Knowing the car needed a full service, I was in uk recently and bought all the neccessary items including fuel filter. When I fitted it, I noticed that it was nor exactly the same - having a water drain at the bottom. I thought this could be a useful facility / later version. It fits the screw thread ok.

I will check further to verify the filter top is not the cause, but others may be interested.
As a simple check, I had already measured the DC voltage from the pressure sensor, andwith ignition ON,engine not running, it was about 1 v. Elsewhere on the forum I had seen that it should be over 2v.
With the new / old filter and housing, there is now over 3 v - so in fact that simple test was a good pointer to the problem(s) - sure the tank pump had also failed but it looks like underbonnet pump is good!
twitters is offline   Reply With Quote