View Single Post
Old 21st August 2012, 09:06   #32
hst125
Loves to post

2004 ZTT CDTi manual, 2017 Fiat 500L MPW, 1946 MG TC

Out of respect to the previous owner I wanted to keep the finer points off the public forum. It's not a bad car at all, but has one or two or three day to day issues that would benefit from attention. I am in discussion with the seller on these matters and I do not want any blame attached to him, but I was not expecting as much of a to-do list as it turns out.
The reason for adding this update to the forum is to strike while the iron is hot so to speak, to flag it up in front of anyone who may have been interested previously.
The car is obviously of some intrinsic value to the club membership and rather than hack around it with issues I do not have time to resolve, I feel a duty as custodian (however short my tenure) to ensure the preservation and enjoyment of the car.
I work particularly demanding shifts, and I already have my MGB fighting with the family for attention!
I paid the asking price and have obviously thrown a lot of money at the DVLA too and seek to recoup my outlay. I don't think the car is worth any less than I paid for it in light of what HAS been done to it, and all the issues as I see it are easily fixed by someone with time and some skill, no major outlay required.
If you are interested please contact me by PM and I will list the list for you, I dont really want to splash it aboout, it may be that more hands on members will laugh at what I have found!
Again, not a bad car but not enough hours in the day for me.
After all, I drove 135 miles straight home from deepest Essex last night, unbelievably managing to maintain 70mph all the way home including the M25! Everything necessary performed faultlessly, coolant temp rock steady at middle, and IPK said 32.4mpg, so nothing wrong with that is there!