View Single Post
Old 12th September 2019, 09:04   #6
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

As I remember it (it has been a few yr since i worked on mine) the mk4 will work with the standard rover equipment. If you opt for the Mk4 then I am told it does have the ability to accept 7 digit post codes but I have never managed to find the screen that you enter it into as the front screen does not accept the full post code. If you opt for the BMW 16.9 head unit then it will only display 4.3 without the BMW 16.9 tuner (in the spare wheel well)
As for the TV.
You can purchase a cheap freeview DVT box from ebay with remote sensor and this can be wired into the TV tuner in the boot. This will only give mono sound (no big deal for TV).
If you do not have the skills to wire into the wiring for the TV tuner you can purchase an adaptor lead that plugs in in line with the AV inputs to accept the DVT box but the adaptors leads are around £100 + IIRC.

Edit The BMW hybrid unit will work but is costly, most people who are not concerned with OEM looks opt for the android type unit.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 12th September 2019 at 09:09..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote