View Single Post
Old 29th July 2019, 10:05   #7
RattyB
Regular poster

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJ View Post
256 bhp (260 PS/191 kW) of power at 5000 rpm, and maximum torque of 410 N·m (302 lb·ft/41.8 kgm) at 4000 rpm.

There is a guy called Manjit Saggu on Facebook has been working on releasing a bit more power, together with some Rover 75V8 and ZT260 owners on the Two-Sixties Forum. Larger throttle body, intake "smoothing", EGR mods etc. in the direction of 300, I hear.

Just a T4 won't help you much in that regard, but KMaps may be able to help, at a price (over £600?), but then stating only "+10%" on bhp. Probably at the wrong end of the rpm spectrum to help an auto Rover 75 V8 much anyway.

Real increases up to 400 or even 500 bhp and beyond, are in the realm of the superchargers. No one thinks that supercharging the auto Rover 75V8 is a good idea, or even a practical possibility as far as I know. Many include Dreadnought who converted many ZT 260's to over 400 bhp using the Kenne Bell supercharger, looked at it but finally discounted it. The very few MGR factory supercharged engines (and 1 car) made, were for manual MG's, not auto box Rovers, (Roush supercharged, mostly 385bhp). Production never got underway before the crash.

The DTM race modified cars were 520 bhp IIRC, and the land speed record ZT-T, normally aspirated, but with a very special engine, was 765bhp (for sale, if you would like the ultimate shopping car!).

David
Manjit is fairly certain he can SC my 75. I'm still undecided whether or not I want that, but my car is fitted with most of his modifications.
RattyB is offline   Reply With Quote