View Single Post
Old 27th February 2021, 05:40   #14
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
I'm looking into getting one of these pumps to change the engine oil via the dip stick instead of the sump drain plug.
If any members have one of these pumps I'd love to hear your comments and tips on which to buy or not to buy.
https://youtu.be/6kXC4gE_8bA

I bought one of these 2019 ish. I have extensive damage to my back from being a teenager playing rugby. At times I can't even stand more than a 45 degree upwards and it will get worse beyond my 40s. So something like this seemed like a good idea, as when I "hurt" my back regularly it leaves me stranded.

Small video of me using it on my 75 diesel lhd car. Its slow, I'd say it would be ideal to connect, and leave it as you do the oil filter / fuel filter / cabin filter and by that time it would be done.

Id say it took 8/9 minutes to empty my diesel, and as it was my first time a bit of trial and error figuring out the best way to get the best angle in the sump.

I've since used it to replace manual gear box oil, and it saves a huge amount of messing about and spilling.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote