View Single Post
Old 1st June 2020, 05:42   #8
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
As much as I love the photos you post Phil I don’t think I could live where you do. I suppose you are used to the way of life there now?
Good morning Mark, thank you for comments, much appreciated. I decided to sleep on your question as it involved much soul searching on my part. Am I used to the way of life here by now?

The upside of where we live, it’s like paradise, a secret garden and home hidden from the road. We overlook a beautiful garden with a forest, a natural stream with a waterfall. There is always something to see and do here, we never get bored and the weather is mostly warmer than in the UK. We love to get away on safari camping in the bush or swimming in the warm seas of the ocean and it’s tropical waters.

The downside is there is no welfare state or NHS and the standards of health care are not the same as they are in the UK. Only 3.8% of the population is over 65 and there are no state care homes. This could explain the low death rates from Covid-19. Social media is monitored so what I write has already been reported here. Since restrictions started, there has been 64 deaths from the extra judicial killings which have been condemned by the government. None of this ever reaches the international news. We keep a low profile when we are out, we are not flashy and I drive an old 4x4. Apart from the corruption, we are okay.

I divide my time between Kenya, South Africa and the UK. We love the UK

I am not sure if that answers your question, perhaps I am still undecided
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote