View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 19:14   #75
Mr Toad
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V8 tourer & MG ZTT & MG RV8

Wink

Yes Fred your coolant leak looks a relatively easy fix compared to what i have had to contend with. I have had the heads off and it is a huge amount of work. I did it about seven years ago when the cam belt snapped because of a seised belt tensioner and I must admit that at the time I said it would be unlikely for me to ever do it again but I must be a sucker for punishment. In fact it all went reasonably well until the camshaft broke and it has gone downhill ever since. I have noted what you say but I think in the end it will be better to take the primary belt off and start again and also do the secondary belts again as well, after all I have all the bits taken off so that it shouldn't take too long and I must try and get it absolutely right. I didn't have such a problem last time so I can only think having the heads skimmed has changed something. Also, last time I had someone to lend a hand and now I am seven years older and I did most of the work up till now on my own with only a little help from my wife. I have now asked a friend to give me a hand hopefully next week so that should help, I hope!

Martin
Mr Toad is offline   Reply With Quote