View Single Post
Old 9th April 2019, 17:46   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
you are a bit off the mark, perhaps reading all the previous posts again may help you understand what is being said.

macafee2

Ian - I have understood fully what is being said. The recruiting manager has made a recruiting decision. You, based on your wife's views, believe that it is the wrong decision and possibly influenced by relationships.

You are not accountable for the recruiting manager's decision nor his team's performance. In my view, it is simple as that.

I have been interviewing and making recruiting/promotion decisions during the last 32 years of my working life. I have also been impacted by the decisions of others. At the end of the day, even in a large organisation, the recruiting manager is accountable to the organisation for his decisions and his team's performance. Unless there is substantial evidence that the decision maker has abused his position/responsibility or acted contrary to the organisation's policies, practices and standards or laws, his/her decision should be recognised as professional irrespective of anyone else's views on whether the decision is a good one or otherwise.

P.S. never question another's (manager or colleague) professional integrity unless you would be willing to do so in front of an employment tribunal or a disciplinary hearing with substantial evidence to back up your claim/allegation. The latter could be the result of the other party instigating action in order to defend/protect their professional standing and reputation.

Last edited by MSS; 9th April 2019 at 18:29..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote