View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:34   #30
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Never asked for breakdown cover.-----

Mainly ( I guess ) because I always service my own car and the wife's car and we've never broken down. --
I said that to the guy from the RAC who approached me (some 40 years ago) at an M5 services on a trip to Cornwall. I told him I built the car and I can fix anything that might go wrong; to go and pedal his services to someone else.

On the way back the fibre cam on my Ford V6 went bang and with it the valves. Got towed off the motorway to a village outside Exeter and stayed the night in a B&B before getting my brother to do a 350 round trip to bring us home, leaving the car with a local garage. I then joined the AA, waited a week and got a train and bus back to my car. About 12 hours later, via many miles in a six car transporter my car was back home in north London. I've had breakdown cover ever since and learnt not to be a smug NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote