View Single Post
Old 20th November 2020, 08:58   #27
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I’m with RAC and pay about £18 a month for myself and my son and Have the option to have the car taken to a destination of our choice rather than the nearest garage, been with them for years. I think once it expires I need to look at Auto Aid....
Many moons ago I was walking to work and one of the advertising boards was stating that if you had not "called out" the RAC in the las 12 months they would reimburse £25. Great, I thought, I haven't used them for about 3 years; so I should be getting the Wonga soon. Weeks passed and nothing. So, I thought, perhaps they do it upon renewal. Month later the renewal gumph arrives but no sign of a discount. Ring the centre and speak to a wage operator who states I'm not entitled.

Mr. Enraged then asked to speak to the salaried supervisor. I told her about the advertising campaign details. After some muttering in the background they came back to the phone and said "for new customers only". Right, I said, this is now an ex-customer. Wrote to the CEO (in them days one was also a member of the RAC Club in Pall Mall) to complain about the treatment to a 22 year member. Nice letter back asking me to reconsider my contract termination and sent me a SatNav as a taster (bribe). You would laugh if you set eyes on the technology of then.

Never signed up to a breakdown service since and have had to call upon their services three times since at a total cost of about £400. I'm quids in.

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 23rd November 2020 at 18:35.. Reason: spelling
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote