View Single Post
Old 13th August 2019, 12:11   #35
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblo_Boy View Post
Can anyone recommend cover for a European trip? I thought I was covered with AutoAid, but no, my mistake. Really, auto recovery should be included with your insurance, but I suppose it's nice to have a choice.

The cover for one European trip to Spain and back seems to cost more than the annual fee in the UK..
Hi John,
When my wife went to France last year she ended up using the "add-on" on a nationwide premium account (can't remember what it was called).

Her camper van broke down just outside Le-Mans, and as it was being used as accommodation as well as transport they put her up in a hotel for a few days, supplied a hire car, booked her alternative ferry tickets (so she could leave the hire car in France) and relayed the van back to the UK, even providing her with a hire car in the UK until her van arrived back.

The fault was "only" a split radiator, but access to parts, in France, was the issue (the van was never sold officially in France) - hence the recovery. I would hope on our cars they would be able to mend in country. Overall I was very impressed with the service she received.

Regards
Chris

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote