View Single Post
Old 13th August 2022, 22:40   #14
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikris View Post
Hia Arctic, thanks for your input. MOT expires 21st August.
Quote:
I've texted Brian but no reply so I guess he's on Holiday? Will try texting him again next week.
I disassembled the NS rear brake yesterday morning and blew compressed air into and around the sensor (I don't have a large enough socket to remove the hub). Tried to do the same with the OS rear this morning and broke a brake pad. Thankfully one of the neighbours was going into Hexham and bought a new set of pads. Will blow compressed air at the sensor tomorrow morning. Speedo works so it's not drivers side front. If it's the passenger side front sensor it's so encased in rust that I fear it'll have to be drilled out, not something I can do.

Thankfully I don't 'need' to drive the car (I only go out once a week for shopping), but once the MOT expires, driving to Brian's will set off the ANPR cameras I fear.

I've read the thread about voltage readings but I can't undo any of the connectors, locked solid and am afraid of breaking them if I try to force them. T4 would be best then buy the right part and then get the local garage to do it and then do the MOT.

I think Brian is the only person around Northumberland / Newcastle with a T4? Local garage have tried previously with their computer but apart from resetting engine warning light, no coms.

I've got TOAF but 'it'll only communicate with the engine module, it doesn't register any other modules sadly. No idea why, tried different computers and have the correct modded VAG-COM cable. Crazy.

Fingers crossed that blowing air at the sensor tomorrow will fix the problem. . . .

Ali.
Hi Ali.
Brian is around but busy, i was talking to him on Friday, so keep trying he may get back to you, he should pinpoint for right away.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote