View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019, 01:09   #192
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
It's very interesting to read certain posts on here, regarding the level of professionalism used in the repainting of Banana

Having spent almost 20 years working at main dealers, part of which was in the bodyshop (dealing with both body and paint), it amazes me how people can be so critical of the finish whilst sitting behind a computer, yet would buy a new car and never give the paint a second look ! Very few vehicles are lacquered under the bonnet nowadays, some not even getting colour in the engine bay, yet buyers don't bat an eyelid as 'that's how they are now, sir/madam'.

As you know Bob, I have absolutely no connection with A&M Restorations, but have seen their work first hand (not just on a screen ) and can say it is about as good as you'll get.

A full respray is a massively complex job if done properly, and faults can arise (exactly as they can with a brand new £100,000 Audi, Jag or BMW), but it's how that issue is dealt with that's important.

Professional spraying of modern colours and finishes is a real skill to have and takes many years to truly master, and I wonder just how much knowledge those critisising actually have of such processes ? So don't let the doom merchant's comments take the shine of the new paint job Bob !

People are critical because the standards of bodywork and general skills now in the UK are abysmal. Not only that, the charge for such work does not correlate with the standard either. Is there even a certified standard or qualification for these guys at all, or is it just make it up as you go along?

It is the same old story, one person on the internet says xyz body shop is "amazing, 30 years experience" etc etc, yawn... yet I actually had first hand experience of a bodyshop mentioned in this thread, and the work was about as **ss poor as it is possible to get. I literally could have done better myself with rattle cans.

Peoples opinions of these places will always vary though and that will never change! As long as some people are happy, all good!

Last edited by T16; 11th July 2019 at 01:21..
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote