View Single Post
Old 5th August 2019, 11:28   #12
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

My 10 year old Lab/Staffie cross has had knee joint problems for several years now. When working at the RSPCA she was put onto some tablets that did work but not 100%. The branch closed so I started using my own vet from years ago and he did not like the tablets she was on. They could cause liver problems and she did have to have regular blood tests. He put me onto another tablet which was basically Glucosamine etc for animals including dogs and horses. It was expensive and I could only buy it through vets so looked at alternatives when I became an OAP.

I found Active Joints by Vets Kitchen. This has the same ingredients as the tablet but in a chicken flavoured syrup you mix in food. A lot easier to give her as she is difficult with tablets.. I get it from Pets at Home and dependent on if its on offer costs £5.00 to £7.50 and a bottle lasts just over a month and is less than a third of the cost of the vets tablet. Been on it now for two years and I can say that she walks a lot better and now she very rarely shows signs that her knee is hurting her as she did when on the tablets.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote