View Single Post
Old 24th May 2008, 20:01   #7
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR400 View Post
hi.
i fitted mine a couple of weeks ago with no problems . i bought the bar and all the electrics from towsure (http://www.towsure.com/) it cost me about £135 and took me about 4 hours to fit and wire, most of the time was spent running two wires from the front to the back of the car for the split charge and bypass relays. mine is a fixed towbar but the advantage with the towsure one is that if i want i can buy a kit at any time to turn it into a removable one.
when fitted at first i had a warning light on the dash but the relays must be the learning type because after starting the car acouple of times it went out and everthing has been ok since.

towsure also do a kit to overide the parking sensors if fitted for when you are towing , idont no how good it is as i dident need it.

hope this helps.

stephen.
Just fitted mine to my saloon, it's a Witter I bought from Les at SMC, so it DIDN'T cost me £135!!

The electrics just had a buzzer unit (a warning to alert the driver about indicator failure is required by law), but I was advised to have a multiplex relay as the 75 has a bulb failure system, which could damaged if say a trailer bulb blew. As Stephen said, taking the power from, and providing a lead for the light to, the front of the car took the most time.

For the parking sensors, if it's a problem (they don't "see" the towbar, so it's only the trailer or the bike rack that I need to worry about) I'll fit a switch. I've bought a hazard light switch, and intend putting it in a spare slot alongside the cruise etc switches.

Malcolm
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote