View Single Post
Old 11th September 2022, 19:38   #456
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

This prompted me to follow all of Steve's links to his historic posts on this. I added my thanks and then got stuck in. Someone had already done the drain tube mods. There was a good amount of leaf and mud debris present. The drain tube lumens were open but narrowed to the point that a winter deluge might indeed have filled the plenum chamber and damaged the ecu. The pollen filter looked pretty good, but I vacuumed out all the loose debris on the intake side anyway. For good measure, I also very carefully disconnected and re-connected the ecu. My thinking was to refresh any contacts that might be oxidised. I pulled out the small drain tube and cleaned up and replaced it. I left the one at the bottom of the plenum but cleaned it out with a (very)long screw driver.
I didn't manage to do the spy hole mod. When I get a suitable moment that will be followed up. I just need to find some aquarium foam now. Luckily we have no overhanging foliage here dropping leaves etc, but I could see that you'd only have to park once under the wrong tree in the autumn for it to be an expensive mistake!
Then I had a sudden doubt. Should I have disconnected the battery before disconnecting the ecu? Fortunately she fired up first time, so I guess I got away with it
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote