View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2024, 18:54   #149
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I have been on 4/day of metformin since the off and I do struggle with that dosage. Sometimes have to take less as suddenly like a switch being flicked the urge to pee kind of disappears and without that urge of warning it requires a mad dash to the bog. Not normally does much water pass, just the slightest of trickles, but it is enough to render me virtually housebound when it happens. As a consequence I requested a reduction in the dosage to 3/day which my GP reluctantly agreed to but he subsequently raised it back to 4/day after a later test gave him cause for concern. Both a relative and a couple of the medics who I see in the testing process have suggested that I ask my GP for slower acting medication. The relative recommended forxiga after switching to it from metformin but my mention of it to my GP at our last meeting earlier this year did not go down well. Relative says it might be because of cost, maybe more expensive than metformin and that I might have fight for a change. For now it is 4/day metformin and I'm hoping that I might become more tolerant of this dosage if I stick at it.
Sounds like you right about the cost.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote