View Single Post
Old 25th April 2019, 18:50   #330
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
..................................... from the solicitors or the estate agents for awhile. Was beginning to panic. Had the deal fallen through? If so. Why hadn’t I been told? Doubts started to sink in, especially over Easter.
Should I start looking around for another property? Was I just panicking for no reason?

So this morning I went down the Street to the estate agents where the manager, Ian, assured me everything was running ok. With the Easter holidays in between there was bound to be a hold up.
He explained that after the offer was accepted my solicitors had to wait on the sellers solicitors to get in contact. Then the land registry people had to be informed along with council. Then there were searches to be done. My credit history had to be researched along with any criminal history.

Mining searches have to be done along with any history of subsidence. So much stuff going on that I never realised.
Ian then said there was generally a lull then it would all start happening so fast I’d be moved in before I could catch my breath.
Glad I asked as it has put my mind at rest.

Oh! Well, back to the packing then.

Thanks for reading.

STOP PRESS
Hold the front page.

Just had the estate agent on the phone and it appears the “lull” period is coming to an end. My solicitor has had a week off over the Easter period. All the searches have been done and there are just a few questions that my solicitor needs to discuss with me. So from next Monday the ball will be rolling again.
I bet you can't wait Bob.