View Single Post
Old 18th April 2019, 14:44   #328
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool 100 meters of.........................

...................................Bubble wrap was delivered today. That should help with the packing. Only cheap stuff, only cost a tenner and p&p was free as well.

Got HMS Victory packed away ok. Have now emptied 3 cupboards in the kitchen. So that’s another 2 large plastic boxes filled. Still chucking stuff away, the things we keep as they might come in ‘handy’.

Will give the Bear and Redfive a thorough clean tomorrow, no point going out as the A38 will be choc a bloc with holiday traffic. We are out Saturday evening for a surprise birthday meal for Matt’s wife Shirley. Sunday we are off to Trevaskis Farm Restaurant for our monthly breakfast meet with the Cornish MG Club. Then a wee drive out down the coast. I expect Allen n Val will take Leafy, I’ll be in Redfive. Bear went last month. The club are waiting to see Banana.

Got 4 new tyres fitted to the Bear yesterday, Allen told me about this Tyre shop in Saltash. A proper family run business. I was back this morning for them to check the torque on the bolts. They also are waiting to see Banana after the pictures I showed them.
Then as I forgot to put the rubbish out yesterday it was a trip to the tip with a black bag, empty plastic bottles along with some glass.
Then a run to A M Restorations to pay the 3rd instalment on Banana. Oh! My! She looks beautiful. Still no doors on, but boot and bonnet back on.
Cannot wait for her to come home.

Waiting on the solicitors who are waiting on the land registry about the next stage on buying the house. The money is all in one place now so that stage is now complete. Going back to the house next week to re-measure for the curtains, think I have the measurements wrong from the last visit. Any excuse to go and have another look. Might take stroll up there tomorrow morning just to be nosey, see if the vendor has put the back gate on yet.

Still no desire to back to London. Although Michael was asking me when I was coming up for a visit. Might be a mini tour coming up at the end of this month, depends if ole Yella is home.

Still not going back though......................

Many thanks for reading and the kind comments. It is much appreciated.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote